Are you looking for a perfect display combination? Our USS Constitution 38” model and floor display case combo will sure to set your home or office apart!
|Dimension (inch)||38.0L x 13.0W x 32.0H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The Model: This is Museum-quality, Fully Assembled edition of the famous USS Constitution "Old Ironside". It is part of an exclusive edition where the hull is laser cut with a unique serial number. The model is 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method. Our master craftsmen have spent more than 100 hours to finish it. One bold feature that makes this model stand out is the art of wood use. Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to accent each part of the model. This replicas magnificent detail include metal anchors and cannons, authentic crow’s nest, advanced intricate rigging, rolled sails, wood inlay hull, inlay deck, an ornate stern and many more. No plastic parts! It comes on a solid wood base, with metal nameplate.
The Display Case: This beautiful floor display case with legs was made out of hardwood and painted in dark mahogany color. It has distinctive designs that add elegance and beauty when displayed in your home or office. It is 100% fully assembled and comes with plexiglass panels on all sides. It features the curves on the sides of the case which enable it to accommodate models with wide yards. This case is very effective when it comes to preventing dust particles as well as keeping your valuable tall ship looking new and protected at all time. It is a must-have for model ship enthusiasts or passionate collectors.
The story of USS Constitution Exclusive Edition
Flashback to 1812, this vintage and classic USS CONSTITUTION tall ship model remind you of the War against the United Kingdom, when she captured numerous merchant ships and defeated five British warships Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections
The U.S.S. Constitution, a three-mast frigate, is the world’s oldest commissioned warship. Built primarily with dense southern live oak, its hull was 21 inches thick in an era when 18 inches was common. Paul Revere forged the copper spikes and bolts that held the planks in place. The 204-foot-long ship was first put to sea in 1798 and its most famous era of naval warfare was the War of 1812 against Britain, when it captured numerous merchant ships and defeated five warships, including the H.M.S. Guerriere. It was during the ferocious battle with the Guerriere that British seamen, astonished at how their cannonballs were bouncing off the Constitution’s hull, cried out, "Sir, Her sides are made from Iron!" Hence, the nickname, "Old Ironsides." The Constitution today is a national landmark and is currently docked in Boston.
THIS USS CONSTITUTION EXCLUSIVE EDITION IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This USS CONSTITUTION EXCLUSIVE EDITION is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this USS CONSTITUTION EXCLUSIVE EDITION arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations: