Are you looking for a perfect display combination? Our RMS Titanic 32” model and display case combo will sure to set your home or office apart!
38.5L x 9.5W x 16H Inches
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The Model: In May 1911, Titanic was launched, which was a heavily publicized spectacle. Unfortunately, at 11:40 pomp on the 14th April 1912, the greatest maritime disaster in history began. During that night of heroism, terror, and tragedy, 705 lives were saved, 1502 lives were lost, and many legends were born. Master craftsmen handcraft these highly detailed wood models from scratch using historical photographs, drawings, and original plan. They are built to scale with high-grade wood such as western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany. They are 100% hand built individually using plank-on-frame construction method and are similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop. The model is painted in red, black, and white to represent the original colors of Titanic. You can find hundreds of intricate details on this model. All lifeboats are meticulously handcrafted from wood. All riggings are accurately built according to scale. The intricate pieces such as the crane, anchors, stanchions, windows, ladders, steam pipes, and skylight really make this model a masterpiece. The model comes with an attached wood base with a brass nameplate. It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast, or passionate collector.
The Display Case: This beautiful display case was made out of hardwood and painted in dark mahogany color. It has distinctive designs that add elegance and beauty when displayed in your home or office. It comes with plexiglass panels on all sides. This case is very effective when it comes to preventing dust particles as well as keeping your valuable cruise ship looking new and protected at all time. It is a must-have for model ship enthusiasts or passionate collectors.
The story of TITANIC PAINTED MEDIUM
Titanic named by J.BRUCE ISMAY, was built in March 1909. In May 1911, she was launched, which was a heavily publicized spectacle. Titanic was designed to be a marvel of modern safety technology and her accommodations were the most modern and luxurious on any ocean. She was 883 feet long (1/6 of a mile), 92 feet wide and weighed 46,328 tons. She was 104 feet tall from keel to bridge, almost 35 feet of which were below the waterline. She was capable of carrying over 3500 people (passenger, crew). Unfortunately, at 11:40 P.M. on the 14th April 1912, the greatest maritime disaster in history began. During that night of heroism, terror and tragedy, 705 lives were saved, 1502 lives were lost, and many legends were born.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.