Specification of ROYAL LOUIS MODEL SHIP
|37.0L x 12.0W x 36.0H Inches
|Old Modern Handicrafts
|western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal
The history of ROYAL LOUIS MODEL SHIP
Flashback to the period 1666- 1669, this vintage and classic Royal Louis E.E. ship model reminds you of when she was constructed at Toulon under the direction of Rodolphe Gédéon and served as flagship of the French fleet in the Mediterranean.. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
The Royal Louis, with 120 cannons and 1,200 crewmen, was the largest and most powerful tall ship of the French Navy in the late 1700s. Her captain was a Squadron Admiral. Able to shot 48-pound bronze cannonballs, the Royal Louis had unrivaled firepower. It was a huge vessel, dwarfing Dutch and English ships of similar power and intimidating all who crossed its path. Because of its superior size, the Royal Louis carried large amounts of supplies for the crew, enabling it to serve as a comfortable, well-stocked ship.
Product Description of ROYAL LOUIS MODEL SHIP
This is a magnificent museum quality model of the Royal Louis. It was 100% hand built “plank on the frame” by the master craftsmen. This model is made of mahogany and teak. Stripes of rosewood were added to increase its exotic value. Around her hull, you can see brass cannons, brass rails and fittings, a big brass figurehead in front of the bow, beautiful art works around the stern. On the deck, there are stairs connected different floors; a big wooden dinghy that comes with its own paddles, sky light panel, ship wheel, ship bell…etc. The details are just amazing. It takes hundreds of hours to build the hull and the riggings. The model comes with its original French flags and rest on a steady wooden base with attached metal name plate. This is an exclusive edition of the Royal Louis, where the model is uniquely identified by a laser cut hull serial number.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS ROYAL LOUIS E.E. IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This ROYAL LOUIS E.E. is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this ROYAL LOUIS E.E. arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations: