Specification of HMS BOUNTY MODEL SHIP NEW
37.0L x 10.0W x 30.0H Inches
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of HMS BOUNTY MODEL SHIP NEW
Flashback to April 28, 1789, this vintage and classic HMS Bounty NEW ship model reminds you of when it mounted a legendary mutiny and was commanded by Captain William Bligh. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
HMS Bounty, also known as HM Armed Vessel Bounty, was a small merchant vessel purchased by the Royal Navy for a botanical mission. HMS Bounty was originally named Bethia, built in Hull at the end of 1784.The Navy Board bought her on May 23, 1787, on the suggestion of Sir Joseph Banks, renamed her Bounty. June 8, 1787 was her first commission. She was 90 feet 10 inches long with a beam of 24 feet 4 inches and a draft of 11 feet 4 inches. She was sent to the Pacific Ocean to acquire breadfruit plants and transport them to British possessions in the West Indies under the command of William Bligh. That mission was never completed, due to a mutiny led by the acting Master, Fletcher Christian who sailed the ship to what is now called Bounty Bay and settled there. To prevent the ships detection, and anyones possible escape, the ship was burned on 23 January 1790.
Product Description of HMS BOUNTY MODEL SHIP NEW
This is a museum-quality, FULLY ASSEMBLED replica of H.M.S. Bounty, the 18th century British ship made famous in the movie “Mutiny on the Bounty.” This is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull, which allows us to identify production date, material used and all other production information of a model.
Master craftsmen using historical photographs, drawings or original plans meticulously handcraft these highly detailed wood models from scratch. They are built to scale with high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany. They are 100% hand built individually using plank-on-frame construction method and are similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
This beautiful H.M.S. Bounty model features: two tone colors wood on the hull, plank on frame, and three decks. A unique bowsprit design that consists of brass statues and crafted wood pieces as panels. The front bowsprit and three large masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand. Each yard has an attached hand-stitched unfurled sails made of fine linen. Metal anchors and a wooden rudder are visible on the front and rear of the ship. On the deck, there are metal stationed cannons, authentic hand-built lifeboats with ribs and planks, wooden crane, wooden windlass, bell tower, and many other handcrafted ornaments. There is also an exquisite detailed admiral’s quarter on the stern with a beautiful handcrafted metal lantern, amazing metal crafted statues, and many other spectacular brass ornaments.
This model comes standard with a solid wood base and brass nameplate. It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast or passionate collector.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS HMS BOUNTY NEW IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This HMS BOUNTY NEW is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this HMS BOUNTY NEW arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations: