Specification of DANMARK MODEL SHIP
|Dimension (inch)||34.5L x 12.0W x 25.0H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of DANMARK MODEL SHIP
Flash back to 1932, this vintage and classic DANMARK ship model reminds you of when it was launched at the Nakskov Shipyard in Lolland and was built to train officers of the Danish merchant marine. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
DANMARK is a steel-hulled, three-masted and full-rigged ship. It was built as a training ship in 1933 at Nakskov Shipyard in Denmark. Since then it has provided basic training for young people seeking careers at sea. The ship is the property of the Kingdom of Denmark and has its home base there. It is capable of sailing all over the world, however in the recent years it has only been sailing in European waters. On special occasions it crosses the Atlantic Ocean to visit the USA, where the ship stayed during WWII and provided training for US cadets. The ship is capable of carrying 26 sails in a total of 1632 square-meters. A main engine of 357 kW ensures that the ship will be able to make its way also when the wind is erratic.
Product Description of DANMARK MODEL SHIP
Display this model of the 253 foot full-rigged ship built and launched in 1932 in Lolland, Denmark right in your own home or office! The Danmark, commissioned in June 1933 she was constructed for use as a sail training ship, is available as a museum-quality, FULLY ASSEMBLED model.
Master craftsmen using historical photographs, drawings or original plans meticulously handcraft these highly detailed wood models from scratch. They are built to scale with high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany. They are 100% hand built individually using plank-on-frame construction method and are similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
This Danmark model has distinctive two tone colors paint on the hull. It also features plank on frame, three decks, and a row of portholes on each side of the ship. The front bowsprit and three large masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand. Each yard has an attached hand-stitched unfurled sails made of fine linen. Metal anchors and a wooden rudder are visible on the front and rear of the ship. On the deck, there are painted authentic hand-built lifeboats with ribs and planks, wooden capstan, wooden cabin, painted wooden light beacons and smoke stack, wooden ladders, and many other handcrafted ornaments.
This model comes standard with a solid wood base and brass nameplate. It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast or passionate collector.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS DANMARK IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This DANMARK is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this DANMARK arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations:
-B033 Chris Craft Runabout L80