Specification of BLACK PEARL PIRATE SHIP MODEL SHIP MEDIUM
|28.0L x 8.0W x 24.0H Inches
|Old Modern Handicrafts
|western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal
The history of BLACK PEARL PIRATE SHIP MODEL SHIP MEDIUM
This vintage and classic Black Pearl Pirate Ship ship model reminds you of the Pirates of the Caribbean film series where the Black Pearl is easily recognized by her distinctive black hull and sails,captained by Captain Jack Sparrow and said to be "nigh uncatchable". This model ship building from OMH will bringing the history vibe home as we provide a wide range of historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
The Black Pearl, originally Wicked Wench, is a fictional ship in Pirates of the Caribbean. In the screenplay, the Black Pearl is easily recognised by her distinctive black hull and sails. This turns out to be an advantage in more than one way. Not only do the black sails act as a sort of intimidation tactic, but the Pearls crew can put out the deck lamps for added stealth at night. The ship was originally named Wicked Wench before she was ordered burned and sunk by Lord Beckett. It was later raised from the sea floor by Davy Jones after making a pact with Jack Sparrow who rechristened her the Black Pearl. She is said to be "nigh uncatchable". Indeed, in the three films she either overtakes or flees all other ships, including the Interceptor (regarded as the fastest ship in the Caribbean) and the Flying Dutchman (which is actually faster against the wind). Her speed is derived from the large amount of sails she carries. She is noted in At Worlds End as being "The only ship as which can outrun the Flying Dutchman."
Product Description of BLACK PEARL PIRATE SHIP MODEL SHIP MEDIUM
A great item for the Pirate of the Caribbean movie fans! This is an outstanding FULLY ASSEMBLED wood model of the Black Pearl; originally Wicked Wench is Captain Jack Sparrow’s pirate ship. In the three movies (Curse of the Black Pearl, Dead Mans Chest, and At Worlds End) she either overtakes or flees all other ships, including the Interceptor (regarded as the fastest ship in the Caribbean) and the Flying Dutchman (which is actually faster against the wind). Her speed is derived from the large amount of sails she carries. She is noted in At Worlds End as being "The only ship as what (which) can outrun the Flying Dutchman."
Master craftsmen using historical photographs, drawings or original plans meticulously handcraft these highly detailed wood models from scratch. They are built to scale with high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany. They are 100% hand built individually using plank-on-frame construction method and are similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
This infamous Black Pearl model is fully coated in dark black paint. It features plank on frame, three decks, and one row of ferocious metal cannons on each side of the ship. The front bowsprit and three large masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand. Each yard has an attached hand-stitched unfurled sails made of fine linen. High above the foremast is a distinctive pirate flag with symbols of a skull and two blades crossing each other. Metal anchors and a wooden rudder are visible on the front and rear of the ship. On the deck, there are metal stationed cannons, wooden cabin, wooden stairways, wooden barrels, and many other spectacular ornaments. There is also an exquisite detailed admiral’s quarter on the stern with beautiful handcrafted metal lanterns, uniquely designed portholes, and other unique embellishments.
This is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull, which allows us to identify production date, material used and all other production information of a model.
This model comes standard with a solid wood base and brass nameplate. It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast or passionate collector.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS BLACK PEARL PIRATE SHIP MEDIUM IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruise ship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hull planking with hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each wooden ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This BLACK PEARL PIRATE SHIP MEDIUM is packed full lengths in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. As one of the world's largest model ship builder, we ensure that this pirate ship model arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Our model central make sure that every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every wooden model boats at OMH carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building wooden ship models, while integrating modern innovations to build up many planking model ships. We make sure that those most famous navy ship model in the ocean liner remind people of its final journey and other battles. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each modelship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each model boats is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Long tradition in making famous boat models in variety of type, from model battleships to model fishing boats like the way we build uss constitution model ship or titanic model.
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
Show your superior model ships collection to the world with our display cases.Check it out!
If you are looking for some model ships for sale but having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations: