Spyglassshop's distinctive collection of all fantastic miniature models will undoubtedly lead you to discover the beauty of life with your heart and experience a new world.
Specification of 1903 Wright Brother Flyer Model 8-ft
|Dimension||48L x 96W x 24H Inches|
The story of 1903 Wright Brother Flyer Model 8-ft
In 1899, the Wright Brothers (Orville and Wilbur) put their aviation ideas to the test by building and flying a biplane kite, although they were not the first to fly, their ideas set the tone for the future of gliders and planes.
The Wright Flyer (often retrospectively referred to as Flyer I or 1903 Flyer) was the first successful heavier-than-air powered aircraft, designed and built by the Wright brothers. They flew it four times on December 17, 1903, near Kill Devil Hills, about four miles south of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, US. Today, the airplane is exhibited in the National Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C.
The U.S. Smithsonian Institution describes the aircraft as "...the first powered, heavier-than-air machine to achieve controlled, sustained flight with a pilot aboard." The Fédération Aéronautique Internationale described the 1903 flight during the 100th anniversary in 2003 as "the first sustained and controlled heavier-than-air powered flight."
Product Description of 1903 Wright Brother Flyer Model 8-ft
The Wright Brothers Flyer was the first successful heavier-than-air powered aircraft, designed and built by the Wright brothers. This model of the plane is scaled up to have an 8-feet wingspan. The plane is 8 feet wide, about 4 feet in length, and 2 feet in height. This plane is built using cedar wood to provide a sturdier overall structure. Grab this large scale of the famous aircraft and see it in detail for yourself.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.