Specification of USS CONSTELLATION MODEL SHIP XL
|Dimension (inch)||56.0L x 11.0W x 50.0H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of USS CONSTELLATION MODEL SHIP XL
Flashback to 1797, this vintage and classic USS Constellation XL tall ship model reminds you of one of six original frigates authorized for construction and launched by the Naval Act of 1794. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
The name Riva is synonymous with elegance, class, and premier European craftsmanship, Riva has been one of the world’s leading producers in high quality speed boats since the 1950s. The Riva name dates back through the 1840s, where Pietro Riva began to fashion boats in a small northern Italian town called Sarnico. Pietro’s grandson, Carlo, would be the figurehead of the Riva Speed Boating legend. In the 1950s, Carlo Riva began to produce elegant wooden speed boats of unquestionably superior style and quality. The Riva Aquarama was the undisputed flagship of Riva’s line. Becoming more than just a boat, the beautiful Aquarama was a social symbol of the highest class, style, wealth, and most notably, power.
Product Description of USS CONSTELLATION MODEL SHIP XL
This is a museum-quality, FULLY ASSEMBLED extra large replica of the U.S.S. Constellation, the last sail-only warship designed and built by the U.S. Navy. This is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull, which allows us to identify production date, material used and all other production information of a model.
Master craftsmen using historical photographs, drawings or original plans meticulously handcraft these highly detailed wood models from scratch. They are built to scale with high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany. They are 100% hand built individually using plank-on-frame construction method and are similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
This amazing model of the USS Constellation features plank of frame hull, two decks, and one stretched ferocious row of metal cannons on each side of the ship. The front bowsprit and three large masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand. Each yard has an attached hand-stitched rolled-up sails made of fine linen. The glorious American flag are attached to the mizzen yard. Metal anchors and a wooden rudder are visible on the front and rear of the ship. On the deck, there are stationed metal cannons, metal steering wheels, wood ladders and crane, captain’s dining and sleeping cabin, and many other handcrafted ornaments. There is also an exquisite detailed admiral’s quarter on stern with beautiful decorative brass ornaments and an authentic hand-built lifeboat with ribs and planks.
This model comes standard with a solid wood base and brass nameplate. It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast or passionate collector.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS USS CONSTELLATION XL IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This USS CONSTELLATION XL is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this USS CONSTELLATION XL arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making a decision, here are some of our recommendations: