Specification of US. COAST GUARD EAGLE MODEL SHIP
|36.0L x 12.0W x 28.0H Inches
|Old Modern Handicrafts
|western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal
The history of US. COAST GUARD EAGLE MODEL SHIP
Flashback to 1936, this vintage and classic US. Coast Guard Eagle E.E. tall ship model reminds you of when the ship was built as the German sail training ship Horst Wessel. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
The USCGC Eagle (WIX-327) (ex-SSS Horst Wessel) is a 295-foot (90 m) barque used as a training cutter for future officers of the United States Coast Guard. She is the only active commissioned sailing vessel in American military service. She is the seventh U.S. Navy or Coast Guard ship to bear the name in a line dating back to 1792. Each summer, Eagle conducts cruises with cadets from the United States Coast Guard Academy and candidates from the Officer Candidate School for periods ranging from a week to two months. These cruises fulfill multiple roles; the primary mission is training the cadets and officer candidates, but the ship also performs a public relations role. Often, Eagle makes calls at foreign ports as a goodwill ambassador.
Product Description of US. COAST GUARD EAGLE MODEL SHIP
This is an exclusive edition of the US Coast Guard Eagle, where the model is uniquely identified by a laser cut hull serial number. Our stunning U.S. Coast Guard model is handcrafted from beautiful wood such as rosewood, mahogany, teak, and along with various other exotic wood. The hull is constructed using a plank on frame method, each strip of exotic wood are carefully join together to form a smooth hull. This model is completely hand built to spec by skillful and creative master craftsmen; you will be amazed at how real it looks. The ship is painted in actual lustrous two-tone color red and white. On the ship, you will spot amazing details such as: wooden bowsprit, foremast, mainmast, and mizzen mast. They are all connected to numerous fabric sails with detailed stitching, all rigging are painstakingly fastened by hand in matching colors. Wooden machine with metal chain use to secure and dropping anchor are at the beakhead. There’s a large wooden cabin with 4 doors on the main deck. On the quarter deck, there’s a navigational area with metal steering wheels, 2 wooden boats, and a wooden cabin. An additional metal steering wheel can be found on the poop deck. The beakdeck and the quarter deck are surrounded with metal fences. You can easily spot the U.S. Coast Guard symbol and letters on the side of the hull, and lots of metal rings on above of the waterline. There’s also a wooden rudder and a metal propeller to help the ship maneuver in the right direction. An attached wooden stand with a nameplate engraved “U.S Coast Guard” is standard on this model. Our model was built according to scale through original plans, pictures and drawings. We absolutely use no plastic parts only the highest quality wood and metal parts. This model is carefully secure and packed inside a wooden crate for easy shipping purposes. Our U.S. Coast Guard model comes fully-assembled and ready to be display.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS US. Coast Guard Eagle E.E IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This US. Coast Guard Eagle E.E. is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this US. Coast Guard Eagle E.E. arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decisions, here are some of our recommendations: