Are you looking for a perfect display combination? Our H.M.S. Sovereign of the Seas 56” model and display case combo will sure to set your home or office apart!
|65L x 23W x 75H Inches
|Old Modern Handicrafts
|western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal
The Model: This is one of a kind, a gorgeous model of the Sovereign of the Seas. All details are handcrafted from beautiful wood such as mahogany, teak, rosewood and other exotic wood. The hull is constructed using a plank on frame method, each strip of exotic wood are carefully joined together to form a smooth hull. This model is completely hand built to spec by skillful and creative master craftsmen; you will be amazed at how real it looks. On the ship, you will spot amazing components such as wooden bowsprit, foremast, mainmast, and mizzen mast. They are all connected to numerous fabric sails with detailed stitching, all rigging are painstakingly fastened by hand in matching colors. And of course, this model was built according to scale through original plans, pictures, and drawings. It is part of the Limited Edition line and we have only built 5 of these so far.
The Display Case: This beautiful display case was made out of hardwood and painted in dark mahogany color. It has a distinctive design that adds elegance and beauty when displayed in your home or office. This case is very effective when it comes to preventing dust particles as well as keeping your valuable tall ship looking new and protected at all time. This display case only comes with table, legs, and frame (no glass panels are included). You can contact your local glass store or Home Depot to order either the plexiglass or glass panels for it.
The story of Sovereign of the seas XL Limited Edition
Flashback to 1637, this vintage and classic Sovereign of the seas XL Limited Edition ship model reminds you of when she was launched and became the largest warship of its time and the first to carry 100 guns. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
H.M.S. Sovereign of the Seas, launched in 1637, was the most powerfully armed ship in the world in its day. It was originally going to have 90 guns, but King Charles I personally insisted that a "great ship" be built for the English Royal Navy, so it went to sea with 102 bronze guns. The vessel was the most extravagantly decorated warship in the Royal Navy, completely adorned from stern to bow with gilded carvings. The ship was later renamed Sovereign and then Royal Sovereign. It was destroyed by fire in 1697 in Chatham.
THIS SOVEREIGN OF THE DEAS XL LIMITED EDITION IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This SOVEREIGN OF THE DEAS XL LIMITED EDITION is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this SOVEREIGN OF THE DEAS XL LIMITED EDITION arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations: