Specification of SANTA MARIA MODEL SHIP
29L - 11.5W - 26H Inches
|Old Modern Handicrafts
|western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal
The history of SANTA MARIA MODEL SHIP
Flashback to 1492, this vintage and classic Santa Maria tall ship model remind you of his first voyage across the Atlantic Ocean which he was the largest of the three Spanish ships used by Christopher Columbus. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
Santa María, original name Marigalante, Christopher Columbus’ flagship on his first voyage to America. The Santa María was built in Pontevedra, Galicia, in Spain's north-west region. About 117 feet (36 metres) long, the “Santa María” had a deck, three masts, and forecastle and sterncastle and was armed with bombards that fired granite balls. She performed well in the voyage but ran aground off Haiti on Dec. 25, 1492, and was lost. Her sister ships, the “Niña” and “Pinta,” less than half her size, returned safely to Spain despite near catastrophe in storms.
Product Description of SANTA MARIA MODEL SHIP
Santa María, original name Marigalante, Christopher Columbus’ flagship on his first voyage to America. Today you can own this unique model fully assembled in your own home or office!
The Santa Maria is made out of wood with no plastic pieces. It features plank on frame construction. The front bowsprit and three masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand. Each yard has an attached hand-stitched unfurled sails made of fine linen. Metal ornaments, cannon, and wooden lifeboats are visible on this model. It comes with a stand and ready for display.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS SANTA MARIA IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This SANTA MARIA is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this SANTA MARIA arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decisions, here are some of our recommendations: