Are you looking for a perfect display combination? Our HMS Victory 56” model and display case combo will sure to set your home or office apart!
|Dimension (inch)||58.0L x 17.0W x 53.0H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The Model: This is a magnificent one of a kind model. You can see the amazing details from the following pictures. The bottom of the hull was tediously made by joining hundreds of small wooden pieces. Each model is uniquely identified by a serial number. This is a true limited edition of the HMS Victory. Other great characteristics include 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method. Hundreds of hours are required to finish a model. Completed models contain thousands of details created by our skillful master craftsmen. It is made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood. Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of our models. Extensive research through original plans and pictures make our models authentic. Each model goes through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop. It is just the perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast or passionate collector.
The Display Case: This beautiful display case was made out of hardwood and painted in dark mahogany color. It has a distinctive design that adds elegance and beauty when displayed in your home or office. This case is very effective when it comes to preventing dust particles as well as keeping your valuable tall ship looking new and protected at all time. This display case only comes with table, legs, and frame (no glass panels are included). You can contact your local glass store or Home Depot to order either the plexiglass or glass panels for it.
The story of HMS Victory Xl
Flashback to 21 October 1805, this vintage and classic HMS Victory Xl ship model reminds you of her role as Lord Nelson's flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
HMS Victory, launched at Chatham in 1765, was a 100-gun ship of the line with a length of 227.5 ft overall (69.34 m), a displacement of 3500 tons, and a crew of more than 800 men.
On Oct. 21, 1805, at the Battle of Trafalgar, twenty-seven British ships of the line led by Admiral Lord Nelson aboard HMS Victory defeated thirty-three French and Spanish ships of the line under French Admiral Villeneuve. The battle took place in the Atlantic Ocean off the southwest coast of Spain, just west of Cape Trafalgar. The Franco-Spanish fleet lost twenty-two ships and the British lost none.
In the 1920s, HMS Victory was put in a dry dock and restored to her condition under Nelson. She was unveiled to the public in all her glory by King George V on 17 July 1928 at Portsmouth. She retains her status as a fully commissioned ship in the Royal Navy and serves as the flagship of the Naval Home Command, but to her visitors, she remains a precious museum and testament to Britain’s naval past.
THIS HMS VICTORY XL IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This HMS VICTORY XL is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this HMS VICTORY XL arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations: