Specification of CUTTY SARK MODEL SHIP NO SAILS
|34.5L x 12.0W x 24.5H Inches
|Old Modern Handicrafts
|western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal
The history of CUTTY SARK MODEL SHIP NO SAILS
Flashback to 1869, this vintage and classic Cutty Sark tall ship model reminds you of when she was built on the River Leven, Dumbarton, Scotland for the Jock Willis Shipping Line. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
The Cutty Sark was built in Dumbarton, Scottland, in 1869 and was engaged in the China tea trade until 1873. She then embarked upon twenty years of passages between England and Australia. After 1895 she served under the Portuguese flag for twenty-five years. She now belongs to the Thames Nautical Training College and she stands dry-docked at Greenwich in London
Product Description of CUTTY SARK MODEL SHIP NO SAILS
This is Museum-quality, Fully Assembled edition of the famous clipper Cutty sark. The model is 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method. Our master craftsmen have spent more than 100 hours to finish it. Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to accent each part of the model. This replicas magnificent details include metal anchors and cannons, authentic crows nest, advanced intricate rigging, partially painted hull, painted masts, painted life boats, brass fittings with name on the bow and stern, detailed deck and many more. No plastic parts! Comes on a solid wood base, with metal nameplate.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS CUTTY SARK IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This CUTTY SARK is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this CUTTY SARK arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decisions, here are some of our recommendations: