Specification of ZEVEN PROVINCIEN MODEL SHIP
|Dimension (inch)||36.7L x 11.8W x 31.7H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of ZEVEN PROVINCIEN MODEL SHIP
Flashback to 1692, this vintage and classic Zeven Provincien ship model reminds you of the Battles of Barfleur and La Hogue during the War of the Grand Alliance. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
De Zeven Provinciën was a Dutch ship of the line, originally armed with 80 guns. The literal translation is "The Seven Provinces", the name referring to the fact that the Dutch Republic in the 17th century was a confederation of seven autonomous provinces. The vessel was originally built in 1664-65 for the Admiralty of the Maas in Rotterdam, by Master Shipbuilder Salomon Jansz van den Tempel. The ship participated in all major naval combat between 1666 and 1692. From 1666 to 1674 the ship was the flagship of the Admiral Michiel de Ruyter, one of the most famous sea-officers the Dutch Republic had ever seen. In 1694 the Zeven Provinciën was decommissioned and sold to be broken up. As of 2008, a new replica is being constructed.
Product Description of ZEVEN PROVINCIEN MODEL SHIP
This is Museum-quality, Fully Assembled model of the Zeven Provincien. The model is 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method. Our master craftsmen have spent more than 100 hours to finish it. One bold feature that makes this model standout is the art of wood use. Rosewood, mahogany, teak and other exotic woods are carefully selected to accent each part of the model. This replica has magnificent details which include metal anchors and cannons, authentic crows nest, advanced rigging, rolled sails and an ornate stern. No plastic parts! Comes on a solid wood base, with metal nameplate.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS ZEVEN PROVINCIEN IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This ZEVEN PROVINCIEN is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this ZEVEN PROVINCIEN arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations: