Specification of SAN FELIPE MODEL SHIP MEDIUM
|Dimension (inch)||28.0L x 9.5W x 26.0H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of SAN FELIPE MODEL SHIP MEDIUM
Step back in time with the San Felipe, a magnificent Spanish galleon that played a pivotal role in the famous Spanish Armada of the 17th century. Launched in 1690, this stunning vessel displaced over 1000 tons and was armed with a staggering 96 cannons, making it a formidable opponent for any navy.
The San Felipe was not just a beautiful ship, but also a brave one. It was part of a Spanish fleet that battled against the British and French to protect Spanish settlements and harbors, transport treasures, and safely navigate the treacherous waters back to Spanish ports. In 1705, the San Felipe engaged in a heroic and intense 24-hour battle against 35 British ships, fighting with honor and valor until it was captured by an English vessel. Unfortunately, the ship sustained so much damage during the battle that it could not be salvaged as a prize, and sunk to the bottom of the ocean with several tons of gold onboard.
Product Description of SAN FELIPE MODEL SHIP MEDIUM
Our model is 100% hand built from scratch using “plank on frame” construction method. Hundreds of hours are required to finish a model. Completed models contain thousands of details created by our skillful master craftsmen. It is made of finest wood like Rosewood, Mahogany, Teak and other exotic tropical wood. Chrome and brass fittings and ornaments constitute the excellence of our models. Extensive research through original plans and pictures make our models authentic. Each model goes through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop. It’s just the perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast or passionate collector. Scale: 1:100
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS SAN FELIPE MEDIUM IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ships, sailing yachts, cruise ships, and speedboats of any size using the integration techniques of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This SAN FELIPE MEDIUM is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this SAN FELIPE MEDIUM arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, starboard to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We use traditional methods of building ship models while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by the quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at the shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making a decision, here are some of our recommendations: