Specification of San Felipe Limited Edition Full Crooked Sails
|Dimension (inch)||28L x 9.5W x 26H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of San Felipe Limited Edition Full Crooked Sails
The San Felipe, launched in 1690, was one of the most beautiful Spanish galleons of the XVII century. She was the lead ship of the famous Spanish Armada. The San Felipe displaced more than 1000 tons and was armed with 96 cannons, enabling her to take on the most formidable ships in the French and British navies. The San Felipe’s role in the war against the British and French was to help protect Spanish settlements and harbors, to transport treasures, and to safeguard the long and hazardous passage back to Spanish ports. In 1705, the San Felipe participated in a furious and heroic battle between 12 Spanish ships and 35 British ships. After 24 hours of battle, she was captured by an English ship, but was so badly damaged that she could not be salvaged as a prize. She went down to the bottom of the ocean with several tons of gold.
Product Description of San Felipe Limited Edition Full Crooked Sails
San Felipe, the lead ship of the famous Spanish Armada is now available as a limited-edition museum-quality, FULLY ASSEMBLED model.
Introducing our latest addition to the San Felipe collection: the limited full crooked sails edition. Unlike our previous folded sail model, this version features full crooked sails.
• Increased level of detail: The full crooked sails add a level of realism and detail to the model that the folded version does not have. Imagine the thrill of seeing these magnificent sails billowing in the wind, bringing the battle-ready ship to life in your own home.
• Impressive visual display: The full crooked sails create an eye-catching display that can make a great centerpiece or showpiece. Display it proudly in your home or office, and watch as it draws compliments and admiration from all who see it!
• Unique and rare: Models with full crooked sails may be more difficult to find or create, making them a unique and rare addition to a collection.
To enhance its luxurious appeal, the model comes with two golden model ship display columns that are used to attach the ship to its wooden stand. The stand also bears an engraving of the words "Limited Edition," indicating that only 100 units of this magnificent model have been produced.
This model is truly one-of-a-kind, making it a must-have for any serious collector or history buff.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to own this exceptional and exclusive model. Order now and experience the thrill of owning a piece of history in your very own home.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS SAN FELIPE LIMITED EDITION FULL CROOKED SAILS IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This San Felipe Limited Edition Full Crooked Sails is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this San Felipe Limited Edition Full Crooked Sails arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Here at Old Modern Handicrafts, every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. Old Modern Handicrafts uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations: