Specification of SAN FELIPE MODEL SHIP EXCLUSIVE EDITION
|Dimension (inch)||37.0L x 12.0W x 35.0H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of SAN FELIPE MODEL SHIP EXCLUSIVE EDITION
Flashback to 1705, this vintage and classic SAN FELIPE EXCLUSIVE EDITION ship model reminds you of the war which the ship had a major role in fighting in a fierce 24-hour battle between 35 British ships and 12 Spanish ships.. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
The San Felipe, launched in 1690, was one of the most beautiful Spanish galleons of the XVII century. She was the lead ship of the famous Spanish Armada. The San Felipe displaced more than 1000 tons and was armed with 96 cannons, enabling her to take on the most formidable ships in the French and British navies. The San Felipe’s role in the war against the British and French was to help protect Spanish settlements and harbors, to transport treasures, and to safeguard the long and hazardous passage back to Spanish ports. In 1705, the San Felipe participated in a furious and heroic battle between 12 Spanish ships and 35 British ships. After 24 hours of battle, she was captured by an English ship, but was so badly damaged that she could not be salvaged as a prize. She went down to the bottom of the ocean with several tons of gold.
Product Description of SAN FELIPE MODEL SHIP EXCLUSIVE EDITION
This is an exclusive edition of the San Felipe, where the model is uniquely identified by a laser cut hull serial number. The ornaments on her body made her more beautiful than any other ships at her time. Thus, to recapture the beauty of this ship into the model, we have used the most exotic wood that are available, the highest quality brass fittings that we can cast and more than 200 hours to put together this magnificent model. Examples of wood use include rosewood, ebony and mahogany. These materials are transformed into art pieces by the skillful hand of the master craftsmen. If you look closer, you can see an evenly smooth surface of wood on the hull. It was done more beautifully then most pieces of fine furniture. From the bow to the stern, you can see hundreds of shiny brass fittings and cannons. Wood pieces of different shades and colors are carefully selected and used to create an impressive look. The stern is the most decorated area with hundreds of small brass ornaments, brass railing, figurines and lanterns. You will more than likely be falling in love with the art work on the different decks of this model. All decks are done by putting together many rectangular small wooden pieces. There are round shape stairs connected the main deck and the forecastle deck. The main deck is also equipped with a couple of life boats, which even come with their own paddles. And then there are the skylight, ship bell, and ship wheel…etc. The model comes with its original flag and rest on a steady wooden base with attached metal name plate. Scale: 1:75
Note: To ship the package safely, we detach the bowsprit and the stand; assembly in minutes.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS SAN FELIPE EXCLUSIVE EDITION IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This SAN FELIPE EXCLUSIVE EDITION is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this SAN FELIPE EXCLUSIVE EDITION arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations: