More than just watercraft, our wooden boats, kayaks and canoes represent connections to a legacy of craftsmanship and old world techniques!
|Material||Canadian western red cedar, mahogany, fiberglass, epoxy|
|Dimension||180L x 54W x 24H Inches|
|Assembled Product Weight||350 kg|
The RMS Titanic’s lifeboat model will surely bring back the memory of the most tragic sea disasters in modern history. Lifeboat 7 was a wooden starboard lifeboat and the first one to be lowered from the sinking Titanic. Although there was a capacity of 65 people, it left with only 28 people on board, thus with 37 empty seats. The reason why was that many women and children were reluctant to enter a small wooden lifeboat and preferred to stay on the massive ’unsinkable’, but sinking, Titanic.
This 15-feet long Titanic lifeboat is beautifully hand built from scratch using ’plank on frame’ construction method using the highest grade of western red cedar. It features intricate details such as wooden paddles, footings, thwarts, braces, ropes, flotation devices, rudder, tiller, lifelines, and much more. The model comes with a detachable wood stand and high precision laser engraved nameplate of Liverpool with White Star Line flag and SS Titanic name on the model stern and front bow. Bring home this iconic lifeboat with a history that still echoes in our minds today. A must-have for any collector or enthusiast’s home!
Important Note: Please be aware that this boat is a SPECIAL ORDER item which means right after you have placed the order, it will take about 60-90 days for us to build and ship it to you.
What makes our RMS TITANIC LIFE BOAT 1:2 SCALE 15 FEET Special
Old Modern Handicrafts is invested in the type of construction that recalls generations of boat making. Over thirty years in business, our commitment has always been and will continue to be, to excellence, to tradition, and to creating products that you can enjoy both for their performance and incredible beauty.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality red cedar and mahogany. No plastic!
- Immerse yourself in the timeless beauty of our 100% handcrafted wooden boats, meticulously crafted using a perfect blend of traditional techniques and modern technology.
- Experience peace of mind with our protective packaging, featuring a sturdy wooden crate that ensures secure shipping and virtually eliminates the risk of damage during transportation and storage.
- Witness the dedication and precision that goes into the construction of our boats, as our skilled artisans devote hundreds of hours to achieve nothing less than perfection.
- Embrace sustainability with our environmentally friendly approach, as we exclusively utilize certified, top-grade wood such as Canadian red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more.
- Discover the true artistry of craftsmanship, as we seamlessly merge centuries-old customs with innovative technologies, resulting in boats that surpass expectations in every aspect.
- Rest assured that our commitment to quality is unwavering, thanks to our rigorous in-house quality control process. Each wooden boat undergoes thorough testing, including in-water assessments, before leaving our workshop.
How we build our perfect kayak, canoe & boat
Spyglassshop is invested in the type of construction that recalls generations of boat making. Our commitment has always been and will continue to be, to excellence, to tradition and to creating products that you can enjoy both for their performance and incredible beauty.
Inspired by history, the names of our watercraft are derived from the northern waterways where natives and settlers have used them for centuries. Merging centuries-old customs with improvements in technology, we bring you boats that excel in every category.
Beginning with pliable, high quality Canadian cedar and hardwoods, our craftsmen hand join each individual strip. Hundreds of hours go into the construction of our boats, as perfection is the only option. Once built, the piece is encapsulated in fiberglass epoxy resin adding an extra layer of durability and strength. At last, the water craft is ready for its nautical debut.