Specification of RIVA ARISTON MODEL BOAT
35L - 9W - 10H Inches
|Old Modern Handicrafts
|western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal
The story of RIVA ARISTON MODEL BOAT
The name Riva is synonymous with elegance, class, and premier European craftsmanship, Riva has been one of the world’s leading producers in high quality speed boats since the 1950s. The Riva name dates back through the 1840s, where Pietro Riva began to fashion boats in a small northern Italian town called Sarnico. Pietro’s grandson, Carlo, would be the figurehead of the Riva Speed Boating legend. In the 1950s, Carlo Riva began to produce elegant wooden speed boats of unquestionably superior style and quality. Along with the Riva Aquarama, the Riva Ariston is one of Riva’s most popular speed boat models, created first in 1950. The Ariston was continuously subjected to upgrades and modifications so it maintained its reputation as the best of the best. In 1974, Riva discontinued the production of the Riva Ariston. Over the 24 years of production, over a thousand Riva Ariston models were made. Of the most significant modifications of the Riva Ariston were in the fitted, single engine, which ranged from 105 hp to 350 hp in the Super Ariston model, providing enough horsepower to propel the Riva Ariston at a whopping 43.2 knots/hour.
Product Description of RIVA ARISTON MODEL BOAT
This is an exclusive edition of the Riva Ariston, where the model is uniquely identified by a laser cut hull serial number. Our luxurious Riva Ariston model is handcrafted from beautiful wood such as rosewood, mahogany, teak, and along with various other exotic wood. The hull is constructed using a plank on frame method, each strip of exotic wood are carefully join together to form a smooth hull. This model is completely hand built to spec by skillful and creative master craftsmen; you will be amazed at how real it looks. The ship has a lustrous color of white and varnished red wood on the side of the hull. On the top, you can spot gorgeous glossed red and natural wood trims along with others amazing details. You can easily discover the eye-catching details such as: all white leather seats, colorful navigation gauges, shiny metal steering wheel, metal horns, metal control consoles, metal rails surrounding the boat, clear windshield with metal frames, unique storage space with opening/closing doors and much more. All these designs and detailed ornaments and chrome brass fittings contribute to the luxurious wooden Riva Ariston. In addition, a detachable wooden stand comes standard with this model. Our model was built according to scale through original plans, pictures and drawings. This model is carefully packed with 2 thick layers of Styrofoam for damaged free shipping purposes. Our Riva Ariston model comes ready to be display.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.