Specification of RIVA AQUARAMA MODEL BOAT PAINTED MEDIUM
26.5L x 8.0W x 9.0H Inches
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of RIVA AQUARAMA MODEL BOAT PAINTED MEDIUM
In 1962 Carlo Riva introduced the AQUARAMA series of new fast runabouts. She was powered by a 2-Riva 350 horse power engines and was hailed as the water borne Ferrari by the industry. AQUARAMA is still being built by Riva; over 800 have been delivered. Without question, Riva of Italy, which traces its beginnings to a mid-19th century carpenter shop, is the world leader in producing elegent, luxury wooden runabouts.
Product Description of RIVA AQUARAMA MODEL BOAT PAINTED MEDIUM
This is a beautiful 100% handcrafted mahogany Riva Aquarama model. Painted in the true color of the boat. It take hundreds of hours to build by skillful and creative master craftsmen. Contains hundreds of beautiful details such as shiny chrome and brass fittings and very detailed dashboard and leather seats. Layers of vanishes are applied; the hull is then smoothly sanded between coats to create a mirror effect. This model was built according to scale through original plans, pictures and drawings. Extensive research thru original plans and pictures makes our model look authentic. Each model goes thru a demanding quality control process before leaving our workshop. Rested in a neat wood stand. Model shipped fully assembled. This item is just as luxurious as the real boat.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.