More than just watercraft, our wooden boats, kayaks and canoes represent connections to a legacy of craftsmanship and old world techniques!
|Material||Canadian western red cedar, mahogany, fiberglass, epoxy|
|Dimension||206L x 23W x 13H Inches|
|Assembled Product Weight||87kg|
It’s not about just being on the water, it’s about deftly cutting through it, it’s about a smooth one-of-a-kind experience, and it’s about knowing that your watercraft is a handmade emblem of true craftsmanship.
Over 500 hours of build time means that you not only get nautical precision, but the stunning beauty that comes from hand joined cedar and hardwood strips--the best quality available. Extra care is taken with the finish as the kayak’s exterior combines a fiberglass epoxy resin with a marine varnish ensuring the boat’s longevity and durability.
While this is a kayak that will bring you endless enjoyment out on the lake or river, this is also a true artisan inspired piece destined to become that treasured family heirloom to be handed down from one generation to the next.
This 17 kayak (206 inches) has the following measurements:
|Length||206 inches (over 17 feet)|
|Bow Height||13 inches|
|Cockpit circumference||90" inches|
|Cockpit outer dimension||33.5"L x 20"W inches|
|Cockpit inner dimension||31.25"L x 18"W inches|
|Cockpit seat base||15"L x 15"W inches|
|Weight||About 50 lbs|
|Capacity||up to 550lbs|
- Stunning beautiful clear graded cedar and hardwood hull
- Fiberglass adds important tensile strength and abrasion resistance to the wood
- Come with a show graded set of wooden paddles.
What makes our MIRAMICHI KAYAK 17' Special
Old Modern Handicrafts is invested in the type of construction that recalls generations of boat making. Over thirty years in business, our commitment has always been and will continue to be, to excellence, to tradition, and to creating products that you can enjoy both for their performance and incredible beauty.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality red cedar and mahogany. No plastic!
- Immerse yourself in the timeless beauty of our 100% handcrafted wooden boats, meticulously crafted using a perfect blend of traditional techniques and modern technology.
- Experience peace of mind with our protective packaging, featuring a sturdy wooden crate that ensures secure shipping and virtually eliminates the risk of damage during transportation and storage.
- Witness the dedication and precision that goes into the construction of our boats, as our skilled artisans devote hundreds of hours to achieve nothing less than perfection.
- Embrace sustainability with our environmentally friendly approach, as we exclusively utilize certified, top-grade wood such as Canadian red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more.
- Discover the true artistry of craftsmanship, as we seamlessly merge centuries-old customs with innovative technologies, resulting in boats that surpass expectations in every aspect.
- Rest assured that our commitment to quality is unwavering, thanks to our rigorous in-house quality control process. Each wooden boat undergoes thorough testing, including in-water assessments, before leaving our workshop.
How we build our perfect kayak, canoe & boat
Spyglassshop is invested in the type of construction that recalls generations of boat making. Our commitment has always been and will continue to be, to excellence, to tradition and to creating products that you can enjoy both for their performance and incredible beauty.
Inspired by history, the names of our watercraft are derived from the northern waterways where natives and settlers have used them for centuries. Merging centuries-old customs with improvements in technology, we bring you boats that excel in every category.
Beginning with pliable, high quality Canadian cedar and hardwoods, our craftsmen hand join each individual strip. Hundreds of hours go into the construction of our boats, as perfection is the only option. Once built, the piece is encapsulated in fiberglass epoxy resin adding an extra layer of durability and strength. At last, the water craft is ready for its nautical debut.