Specification of MAJESTY OF THE SEAS CRUISE SHIP MODEL
|Dimension (inch)||31.0L x 6.0W x 12.5H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of MAJESTY OF THE SEAS CRUISE SHIP MODEL
MS Majesty of the Seas is a Sovereign-class cruise ship owned and operated by Royal Caribbean International. She was built at the Chantiers de lAtlantique shipyards in Saint-Nazaire, France, and placed in service on April 26, 1992. Her Godmother is Queen Sonja of Norway. She is often used as the representation of cruise ships around the world. As part of the Sovereign Family of ships, it was among the first mega ships in the cruise industry to take to the seas, and it’s still an industry leader in the realm of family-friendly activities and innovative public areas, which include nine bars and lounges, an open-air basketball court, and Royal Caribbean’s signature rock climbing wall.
Product Description of MAJESTY OF THE SEAS CRUISE SHIP MODEL
Majesty of the Seas is operated and owned by the Royal Caribbean International and is classified as a Sovereign cruise ship. It is still in service as of today. Have it magnificently displayed as a FULLY ASSEMBLED MODEL.
Master craftsmen handcraft these highly detailed wood models from scratch using historical photographs, drawings and original plan. They are built to scale with high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany. They are 100% hand built individually using plank-on-frame construction method and are similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
Hundreds or possible thousands of details make up the beauty of this model. There are multiple decks with each have its own furnishings. Hundreds of open windows represent passenger rooms. Dozens of wooden lifeboats are made of wood and meticulously painted in red. There are wood and metal railings on each level of the ship. The top deck is painted in blue while the lower deck is painted in dark brown. Other details can also be noticeable on the top deck such as navigation system, hoisting engine, masts and so on.
The model is painted in a brown and black color with blue accents. It is secured tightly on a solid wooden base with a brass nameplate with the words “Majesty of the Seas.” It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast, or passionate collector.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.