Specification of KAYAK MODEL BOAT
|42.0L x 5.5W x 5.0H Inches
|Old Modern Handicrafts
|western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal
The history of KAYAK MODEL BOAT
About Woodenboat USA™ :
More than just watercraft, our wooden boats, kayaks and canoes represent connections to a legacy of craftsmanship and old world techniques. Woodenboat USA is invested in the type of construction that recalls generations of boat making. Over thirty years in business, our commitment has always been and will continue to be, to excellence, to tradition and to creating products that you can enjoy both for their performance and incredible beauty.
Inspired by history, the names of our watercraft are derived from the northern waterways where natives and settlers have used them for centuries. Merging centuries-old customs with improvements in technology, we bring you boats that excel in every category.
Beginning with pliable, high quality Canadian cedar, our craftsmen hand join each individual strip. Hundreds of hours go into the construction of our boats, as perfection is the only option. Once built, the piece is encapsulated in fiberglass epoxy resin adding an extra layer of durability and strength. At last, the water craft is ready for its nautical debut.
Product Description of KAYAK MODEL BOAT
The true kayaking enthusiast will absolutely adore this one-of-a-kind model, built using the same techniques as our craftsman use on life-size versions. Hours upon hours have gone into its construction as they have simulated historical drawings and diagrams.
No detail is spared in these models. The rich cedar wood and even the cover and straps on the hatches make this model truly come alive.
Displayed in any home or office setting, this piece will certainly be a showstopper, as people stop and admire the attention to detail and obvious craftsmanship that when into its construction.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.