Specification of HMS ENDEAVOUR MODEL SHIP
|Dimension (inch)||38.0L x 13.0W x 32.0H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of HMS ENDEAVOUR MODEL SHIP
Flashback to September 1769, this vintage and classic HMS Endeavour Small ship model reminds you of when she anchored off New Zealand and became the first European vessel to reach the islands since Abel Tasman's Heemskerck 127 years earlier.. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
In 1768 Lieutenant James Cook, Royal Navy, set sail on HMS Endeavour on a voyage of exploration and scientific investigation and through his journeys. Cook was considered to be one of the greatest explorers. In 1770 Cook reached New Zealand where he circumnavigated and completely charted the north and south islands before continuing west. In April, he sighted the east coast of Australia and sailed north along the coast before anchoring in what he named Botany Bay. He then continued north to Cape York and on to Jakarta and Indonesia. During the four months voyage along the coast Cook charted the coastline from Victoria to Queensland and proclaimed the eastern part of the continent for Great Britain. Cook was the first person to accurately chart a substantial part of the coastline of Australia and to fix the continent in relation to known waters.
Product Description of HMS ENDEAVOUR MODEL SHIP
Our captivating HMS Endeavour model is handcrafted from beautiful wood such as rosewood, mahogany, teak, and along with various other exotic wood. The hull is constructed using a plank on frame method, each strip of exotic wood are carefully join together to form a smooth hull. This model is completely hand built to spec by skillful and creative master craftsmen; you will be amazed at how real it looks. The ship has a clear varnished coating follow with amazing details. On the ship, you will spot amazing details such as: wooden bowsprit, foremast, mainmast, and mizzen mast. They are all connected to numerous fabric sails with detailed stitching, all rigging are painstakingly fastened by hand in matching colors. On the main deck, you will come across 3 wooden boats sitting on top of a bunker, a wooden cabin, and a wooden frame with a metal bell. On the quarter deck, there’s navigational area with 2 metal steering wheels for the captain and 2 wooden cabins. There are wooden railings surrounding the beakdeck area toward the quarter deck area with metal cannons station on top. You can easily spot 2 rows of numerous windows on both side of the hull. In addition, you will find supplementary crafted metal ornaments on the ship such as: anchors, lantern, statues, and much more...There’s also a wooden rudder to help the ship maneuver in the right direction. An attached wooden stand with a nameplate engraved “HMS Endeavour 1768” is standard on this model. Our model was built according to scale through original plans, pictures and drawings. We absolutely use no plastic parts only the highest quality wood and metal parts. This model is carefully secure and packed inside a wooden crate for easy shipping purposes. Our HMS Endeavour model comes fully-assembled and ready to be display.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS HMS ENDEAVOUR IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This HMS Endeavour is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this HMS Endeavour arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations: