Specification of FLYING DUTCHMAN MODEL SHIP MEDIUM
|Dimension (inch)||27L x 9W x 24.5H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of FLYING DUTCHMAN MODEL SHIP MEDIUM
The Flying Dutchman, a mainstay of maritime lore, is a legendary ghost ship doomed to sail the oceans forever since it can’t make port. Originating in the 17th century, there are several stories about the myth of the Flying Dutchman. Some point to a cursed vessel, while a few suggest the Dutchman refers to the ship’s Captain, who was destined not to make land despite all his efforts.
The Flying Dutchman has been captured in paintings, television series, and movies such as Pandora and the Flying Dutchman (1951), At World’s End, and Dead Man’s Chest (2006) from Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean films. There are so many artworks and performances also based on the tale of the doomed vessel sailing through the North Sea and its captain Vanderdecken playing dice with the devil in exchange for his soul.
It's important to note that The Flying Dutchman is a legendary tale, and while it has captured the imagination of many, there is no historical evidence to suggest that the ship or its captain actually existed. It remains a fascinating and enduring maritime legend.
Product Description of FLYING DUTCHMAN MODEL SHIP MEDIUM
This is an outstanding FULLY ASSEMBLED wood model of the Flying Dutchman.
Master craftsmen using historical photographs, drawings or original plans meticulously handcrafted these highly detailed wood models from scratch. They are built to scale with high-grade wood such as western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany. They are 100% hand-built individually using plank-on-frame construction methods and are similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
This infamous Flying Dutchman model 60cm is fully coated in dark black paint with features such as moss and the tattered sails of a ship on the high seas without a date of arrival, helping to realistically describe a ghostly original Flying Dutchman as the stories and imagination. It features plank on frame, three decks, and one row of ferocious metal cannons on each side of the ship. The front bowsprit and three large masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand. The sails are made into tattered shapes to create a ghosted realistic look. In Particular, the top of the model ship is made in the shape of teeth like the mouth of a sea monster, which adds to the ghost and uniqueness of the Flying Dutchman model ship.
This model comes standard with a solid wood base and brass nameplate. It’ll make a perfect gift for a home or office decorator, boat enthusiast, or passionate collector.
FLYING DUTCHMAN MODEL SHIP L60 is a true work of art, made with the utmost care and attention to detail. Whether you're a collector or simply an admirer of fine craftsmanship, you can be confident in the quality of our models.
-100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
-Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
-Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
-No plastic parts are used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
-Each model goes through demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
-Protective packaging with a wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage, and storage
-Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
THIS FLYING DUTCHMAN MODEL SHIP MEDIUM IS TOO LARGE OR TOO SMALL OR ARE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CUSTOMIZATION SHIP MODEL?
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruiseship, speedboat to any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
This FLYING DUTCHMAN MODEL SHIP MEDIUM is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this FLYING DUTCHMAN MODEL SHIP MEDIUM arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Here at Old Modern Handicrafts, every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. Old Modern Handicrafts uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations: