Specification of DRAKKAR VIKING MODEL BOAT
|Dimension (inch)||25.0L x 7.0W x 20.0H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of DRAKKAR VIKING MODEL BOAT
The Drakkar, or Viking Longships, were the long, narrow and very flexible vessels used by the Vikings for trade, exploration, and warfare. The Longships had symmetrical ends and a maximal speed of around 15 knots, and they were also called "dragonships" because they often had a dragon-shaped bow or other magical beings carved on it. The Longships had been the symbol of the Vikings naval power for a long time, ranging in the North and Baltic Sea and even far from their Scandinavian homelands: to Iceland, Greenland, Northern America and the Mediterranean!
Product Description of DRAKKAR VIKING MODEL BOAT
This model is simple, but stunning! It is a replica of the Drakkar viking long boat, a classic boat used by the Viking between 7th & 10th century. It looks and feels like a miniature real boat.
This 25-inch model is handcrafted with the highest quality woods from scratch by master artisans using “plank on frame” construction, just like real boats. Each model takes more than 50 hours to construct and undergoes a demanding quality-control process. Among the details of this boat model: lines of shields along 2 sides of boats, many wooden oars, colorful viking sail, brass nameplate and stand.
- Handcrafted Excellence: Our model ship display case is 100% handcrafted using a blend of traditional techniques and modern technology, ensuring attention to detail and precision.
- Premium Materials: We use only the highest quality materials, including solid hardwoods like rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, and teak. No imitation veneers or laminates are used.
- Museum-Quality Craftsmanship: Each display case undergoes hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to achieve museum-quality standards, guaranteeing authenticity and meticulousness.
- Authentic Look: We prioritize authenticity by avoiding plastic parts, ensuring that your display case have an authentic and realistic appearance.
- In-House Quality Control: Every display case for model ship goes through rigorous in-house quality control measures before leaving our workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity.
- Secure Packaging: Our model ship display for are protected during shipping with our wooden crate packaging, minimizing the risk of damage and ensuring safe storage.
- Skilled Craftsmen: Our craftsmen possess years of experience and a true passion for their work, guaranteeing the highest level of quality and accuracy.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, starboard to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.