Specification of DICKIE WALKER MODEL BOAT XXXL
122L - 32.5W - 110H Inches
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of DICKIE WALKER MODEL BOAT XXXL
Whether you’re on the bridge, beach or patio, Dickie Walker knows your passion for boating is a passion for life well-lived. This is a beautiful fishing- pleasure boat belongs to Dickie Walker Marine Clothing company in beautiful southern California.
Product Description of DICKIE WALKER MODEL BOAT XXXL
This Dickie Walker model is about a 1:5 scale of our regular Dickie Walker model (B039). This model is a little over 10 feet long, about 3 feet wide and just above the 9-foot mark. This ship is as tall or taller than most home doors. Just like our original model, this one is handcrafted as well. Beautiful woods have been used such as rosewood, mahogany, teak, along with other exotic woods. The hull is constructed using a plank on frame method, each strip of exotic wood are carefully joined together to form a smooth hull. This model is completely hand built to spec by skillful and creative master craftsmen. Only in person can this ship’s astonishment be captured. The ship has a gleaming color of white and blue followed with amazing details. On the ship, you will find a variety of beautiful handcrafted details such, wooden canoes, metal propeller, and much more. This model has a gorgeous main deck; the deck has fine crafted wooden parts such as windows, axes, and ladders. On top of the deck, you can spot a comforting navigation area with fine-looking wooden decorations. An attached wooden stand comes standard with this model. Our model was built according to scale through original plans, pictures, and drawings. We absolutely use no plastic parts only the highest quality wood and metal parts. This model is carefully secure and packed inside a wooden crate for easy and safe shipping. Our Dickie Walker XXXL model comes ready to be displayed.
Important Note: Please be aware that this boat is a SPECIAL ORDER item which means right after you have placed the order, it will take about 30-60 days for us to build and ship it to you.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.