Specification of DHOW MODEL BOAT MEDIUM
|Dimension (inch)||30.5L x 5.0W x 26.5H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of DHOW MODEL BOAT MEDIUM
For many centuries, boats that sailed on the Indian Ocean were called dhows and were distinguishable from ships that sailed on the Mediterranean or China Sea by the shape of the Dhow's triangular sails. Despite its historical attachment to Arab traders, dhows are essentially an Indian boat, with much of the wood for its construction coming from the forests of India. The dhow was known for two distinctive features including its aforementioned triangular or lateen sail, and also for its stitched construction. Stitched boats were made by sewing the hull boards together with fibers, cords or thongs.
Our Dhow model boat medium is an exquisite replica of this iconic vessel. It's handcrafted by skilled artisans using the best traditional shipbuilding methods, with utmost attention to detail. This wooden model boat boasts of a stitched construction and features a triangular sail that is true to the original vessel. It's a museum-quality model boat that will take you back in time to the days of pearl divers, fishermen, merchants, smugglers, and adventurers.
Crafted from high-quality wood, including western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany, this model boat is a stunning piece of nautical decor that captures the essence of maritime history. It's a collector's item and a perfect addition to any nautical enthusiast's collection. Whether you're a shipwright, a ship modeler, or simply a lover of fine craftsmanship, our Dhow model boat medium is sure to leave you in awe. We also offer a model boat kit for those who want to experience the joy of ship modeling firsthand.
Product Description of DHOW MODEL BOAT MEDIUM
For many centuries, boats that sailed on the Indian Ocean were called dhows and were distinguishable from ships that sailed on the Mediterranean or China Sea by the shape of the Dhow's triangular sails. Today you can own this unique model fully assembled in your own home or office!
The Dhow is made out of stained wood with no metal or plastic pieces. It features plank on frame construction. The front bowsprit and two triangular masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand. Each yard has an attached hand-stitched unfurled sails made of fine linen. Metal anchors and a wooden rudder are visible on the front and rear of the ship. It comes with a stand and ready for display.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.