Are you looking for a perfect display combination? Our Chris Craft Triple Cockpit speedboat model and display case combo will sure to set your home or office apart!
|Dimension (inch)||32.0L x 9.0W x 8.5H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The Model: This is a beautiful 100% handcrafted mahogany Chris Craft Triple Cockpit model. It takes hundreds of hours to build by skillful and creative master craftsmen. It contains hundreds of beautiful details such as shiny chrome and brass fittings, very detailed dashboard and leather seats. Layers of vanishes are applied; the hull is then smoothly sanded between coats to create a mirror effect. This model was built according to scale through original plans, pictures, and drawings. Extensive research thru original plans and pictures makes our model look authentic. Each model goes thru a demanding quality control process before leaving our workshop. This item is just as luxurious as the real boat.
The Display Case: This beautiful display case was made out of hardwood and painted in dark mahogany color. It has distinctive designs that add elegance and beauty when displayed in your home or office. It comes with plexiglass panels on all sides. This case is very effective when it comes to preventing dust particles as well as keeping your valuable speedboat looking new and protected at all time. It is a must-have for model ship enthusiasts or passionate collectors.
The story of Chris Craft Triple Cockpit NEW
Founded by Christopher Columbus Smith around the 1920s, Chris Craft Co. still stands as a leader in producing high-powered, luxurious leisure boats. The quality of his models was tested through competitive speedboat racing, and the Christ Craft superiority rang true as the boats consistently proved victorious. During the era of prohibition, speedboat racing was embraced by gamblers, industrialists, and mobsters. These men readily financed the high-powered designs of craftsman such as Christopher Columbus Smith, John L. Hacker, and George Crouch. As Smith’s boats started to receive awards such as the coveted Gold Cup of the American Power Boat Association, the Chris Craft name started to become a star among nautical enthusiasts. He continued to thrive in the speedboat competitions and his string of victories further accelerated the explosion of his company’s success.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.