More than just watercraft, our wooden boats, kayaks and canoes represent connections to a legacy of craftsmanship and old world techniques!
|Material||Canadian western red cedar, mahogany, fiberglass, epoxy|
|Dimension||147.5 x 41W x 27.5H Inches|
|Assembled Product Weight||163 kg|
Whitehall rowboats are considered one of the most refined rowboats of the 19th century. They were first made in the U.S. at the foot of Whitehall Street in New York City to be used to ferry goods, services, and sailors on and off the boats coming into New York Harbor.
With centuries of history and tradition behind it, this Whitehall dinghy is specially built using a clinker method where the edges of hull planks overlap each other. This technique developed in northern Europe and was successfully used by the Anglo-Saxons, Frisians, Scandinavians, and typical for the Hanseatic cog. We aim at recreating the past while using the best materials and technology available today to offer you an experience like no other.
Truly, at least 600-700 hours have been invested in the creation of this watercraft. We leave nothing to chance as perfection is the only option we allow.
|Dim||12 feet Length x 41 Inches Width x 27.5 Inches Height|
|4 wood paddles|
Whitepine, western red cedar and hard wood construction
Important Note: Please be aware that this Whitehall rowboat is a SPECIAL ORDER item which means right after you have placed the order, it will take about 30-60 days for us to built and ship it to you.
What makes our CLINKER BUILT WHITEHALL ROW BOAT 12 FEET Special
Old Modern Handicrafts is invested in the type of construction that recalls generations of boat making. Over thirty years in business, our commitment has always been and will continue to be, to excellence, to tradition, and to creating products that you can enjoy both for their performance and incredible beauty.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality red cedar and mahogany. No plastic!
- Immerse yourself in the timeless beauty of our 100% handcrafted wooden boats, meticulously crafted using a perfect blend of traditional techniques and modern technology.
- Experience peace of mind with our protective packaging, featuring a sturdy wooden crate that ensures secure shipping and virtually eliminates the risk of damage during transportation and storage.
- Witness the dedication and precision that goes into the construction of our boats, as our skilled artisans devote hundreds of hours to achieve nothing less than perfection.
- Embrace sustainability with our environmentally friendly approach, as we exclusively utilize certified, top-grade wood such as Canadian red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more.
- Discover the true artistry of craftsmanship, as we seamlessly merge centuries-old customs with innovative technologies, resulting in boats that surpass expectations in every aspect.
- Rest assured that our commitment to quality is unwavering, thanks to our rigorous in-house quality control process. Each wooden boat undergoes thorough testing, including in-water assessments, before leaving our workshop.
How we build our perfect kayak, canoe & boat
Spyglassshop is invested in the type of construction that recalls generations of boat making. Our commitment has always been and will continue to be, to excellence, to tradition and to creating products that you can enjoy both for their performance and incredible beauty.
Inspired by history, the names of our watercraft are derived from the northern waterways where natives and settlers have used them for centuries. Merging centuries-old customs with improvements in technology, we bring you boats that excel in every category.
Beginning with pliable, high quality Canadian cedar and hardwoods, our craftsmen hand join each individual strip. Hundreds of hours go into the construction of our boats, as perfection is the only option. Once built, the piece is encapsulated in fiberglass epoxy resin adding an extra layer of durability and strength. At last, the water craft is ready for its nautical debut.