Specification of CHRIS CRAFT COBRA MODEL BOAT PAINTED
|Dimension (inch)||33.0L x 10.5W x 10.0H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of CHRIS CRAFT COBRA MODEL BOAT PAINTED
One of the most recognizable boats ever produced is the Chris-Craft Cobra. This fun speed boat is from the era of big fins and wings. They were only made one year…1955 and only 106 were made (55 21’, and 51 18’). It was also the company’s first experiment with fiberglass, the distinctive gold engine cover with the fin. They never expected this model to be a large seller due to its limited seating capacity and overall utility, but just the same it’s a darn hot-looking boat and one of the most sought after classics today. Even though a few more 18’ models were made, the 21’ is the most collectable.
Product Description of CHRIS CRAFT COBRA MODEL BOAT PAINTED
This fun speed boat is from the era of big fins and wings. The sporty Cobra model is hand-crafted from strips of hard wood, planks on frame. The model is fully assembled and is ready to be proudly display.
Master craftsmen handcraft these highly detailed wood models from scratch using historical photographs, drawings and original plan. They are built to scale with high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany. They are 100% hand built individually using plank-on-frame construction method and are similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
The sporty Cobra model is hand-crafted from strips of hard wood, planks on frame. The deck is joining with tiny strips of cedar mix with mahogany. The hatch and fin section is painted in gold color. The fittings and glass windshield are brass and chromed as stainless steel. The rudders and propellers are also brass and chromed as gold. This sporty Chris Craft Cobra recalls the 50’s era.
The model rests on a solid wood stand. It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast, or passionate collector.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.