Specification of BLUENOSE II FULLY ASSEMBLED 29.5 INCHES
29.5L - 5W - 24H Inches
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The history of BLUENOSE II FULLY ASSEMBLED 29.5 INCHES
In its day, there was no yacht like the Bluenose II, a fishing schooner that combined efficiency, beauty and speed. It was built in Nova Scotia in 1921 to fish the rough waters off the coast of Newfoundland. It would stay out on the sea until its holds were full of cod, using salt to preserve its catch. But the Bluenose left its mark in history as a racing ship. For 17 straight years it won the International Fisherman’s Trophy, awarded to the winner of races among real fishing schooners that worked the Grand Banks. The races created a heated rivalry between the greatest deep-sea schooners from Newfoundland in Canada and those from Gloucester, Mass. With Capt. Angus Walters at its helm, the Bluenose II prevailed year after a year and it became an enduring symbol of the maritime spirit. The Bluenose II was lost off Haiti in 1946.
Product Description of BLUENOSE II FULLY ASSEMBLED 29.5 INCHES
This is a beautiful FULLY ASSEMBLED Bluenose II in natural wood finish. It has wooden booms connected to the main and foremast. All the sails are rigged beautifully together to make up the beautiful boat. On the deck, there are authentic hand-built lifeboats with ribs and planks. The bowsprit goes through the gunwale that is hold securely to the bow by riggings. Cabins and companionways are located on the wooden deck. You will find metal anchors near the gunwale inside the two golden ornament piece of the Bluenose. This model is truly a remarkable representation of the Bluenose II.
Item DIM: 29.5” x 5” x 24” inches
Item Weight: 2.5 lbs
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.