|Dimension (inch)||27.0L x 8.0W x 7.0H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The story of Aquarama Medium
The name Riva is synonymous with elegance, class, and premier European craftsmanship, Riva has been one of the world’s leading producers in high quality speed boats since the 1950s. The Riva name dates back through the 1840s, where Pietro Riva began to fashion boats in a small northern Italian town called Sarnico. Pietro’s grandson, Carlo, would be the figurehead of the Riva Speed Boating legend. In the 1950s, Carlo Riva began to produce elegant wooden speed boats of unquestionably superior style and quality. The Riva Aquarama was the undisputed flagship of Riva’s line. Becoming more than just a boat, the beautiful Aquarama was a social symbol of the highest class, style, wealth, and most notably, power.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.