Specification of AQUARAMA MODEL BOAT MEDIUM
|27.0L x 8.0W x 7.0H Inches
|Old Modern Handicrafts
|western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal
The history of AQUARAMA MODEL BOAT MEDIUM
The name Riva is synonymous with elegance, class, and premier European craftsmanship, Riva has been one of the world’s leading producers in high quality speed boats since the 1950s. The Riva name dates back through the 1840s, where Pietro Riva began to fashion boats in a small northern Italian town called Sarnico. Pietro’s grandson, Carlo, would be the figurehead of the Riva Speed Boating legend. In the 1950s, Carlo Riva began to produce elegant wooden speed boats of unquestionably superior style and quality. The Riva Aquarama was the undisputed flagship of Riva’s line. Becoming more than just a boat, the beautiful Aquarama was a social symbol of the highest class, style, wealth, and most notably, power.
Product Description of AQUARAMA MODEL BOAT MEDIUM
The Riva Aquarama was designed by Carlo Riva in the 1960s. The Riva is noted as one of the most legendary and famous speedboats out there. It is available as a FULLY ASSEMBLED model ready to be proudly display as a piece of history.
Master craftsmen handcraft these highly detailed wood models from scratch using historical photographs, drawings and original plan. They are built to scale with high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany. They are 100% hand built individually using plank-on-frame construction method and are similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop.
This is truly beautiful model of the Riva Aquarama with western red cedar and mahogany hull. There are multiple tones of wood decking on the bow. You can find exquisite details from the leather works to all the realistic gauges. All fittings such as windshield frame, wiper, navigation lights, mirror, flag pole are made of stainless steel. The cockpit has two hand stitched individual leather seats as well as a rear passenger seat. The swimming platform also comes with stainless steel hand rails.
The model rests on a wooden stand for easy display.
- 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
- Made from high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
- Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum-quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
- No plastic parts is used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
- Each model goes through a demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
- Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage and storage
- Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
- Material: high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal only (no plastic parts)
- Skill: best traditional real ship-making methods applied, hundreds of hours required to finish each model by our master craftsmen
- Uniqueness: each ship is an “Exclusive Edition” where the model has a unique serial number etched into the hull
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers. Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.