Specification of AMERIGO VESPUCCI MODEL SHIP PAINTED
|Dimension (inch)||36L x9Wx32H Inches|
|Brand name||Old Modern Handicrafts|
|Materials||western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany + metal|
The story of AMERIGO VESPUCCI PAINTED
Flashback to 1928, this vintage and classic AMERIGO VESPUCCI ship model reminds you of the explorer Amerigo Vespucci and when she was put into service and was used by the Italian Navy until 1943. Bringing the history vibe home with our historical gunboat, longboat and battle ship model collections.
The Amerigo Vespucci is a tall ship of the Marina Militare, named after the explorer Amerigo Vespucci. Its home port is Livorno, Italy. As of 2008, she is still in use as a school ship. In 1925, the Regia Marina ordered two school ships to be built following a design by Lieutenant Colonel Francesco Rotundi of the Italian Navy Engineering Corps, inspired by the style of large late 18th century 74-cannon ships of the line.
The Amerigo Vespucci was built in 1930 at the Royal Naval Shipyard of Castellammare di Stabia (Naples). She was launched on February 22, 1931, and was put into service in July of that year. The vessel is a full rigged three-masted steel hull 82.4 m (270.34 ft) long, with an overall length of 101 m (331 ft) including the bowsprit and a maximum width of 15.5 m (51 ft). She has a draft of about 7 meters (23 ft) and a displacement at full load of 4146 tons. Under auxiliary diesel-electric propulsion power, the Amerigo Vespucci reaches a top speed of 10 knots. This gunboat has always been vintage and classic even until now.
Product Description of AMERIGO VESPUCCI MODEL SHIP PAINTED
Display this beautiful ship right in your own home or office! The Amerigo Vespucci, built in 1930 at Naval Shipyard of Castellammare di Stabia, is available as a museum-quality, FULLY ASSEMBLED model. Master craftsmen using historical photographs, drawings or original plans meticulously handcraft these highly detailed wood models from scratch. They are built to scale with high-grade wood such as: western red cedar, rosewood, and mahogany. They are 100% hand built individually using plank-on-frame construction method and are similar to the building of actual ships. Each model requires hundreds of hours to finish and must go through a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop. This Amerigo Vespucci model has a distinctive two tone black and white paint on the hull. It also features plank on frame, three decks, and two and a quarter rows of portholes on each side of the ship. The front bowsprit and three large masts are connected securely using advanced rigging and lines painstakingly knotted and fastened by hand. The glorious Italian flag is attached to the mizzen yard. Metal anchors and a wooden rudder are visible on the front and rear of the ship. On the deck, there are metal cranes holding authentic hand-built lifeboats with ribs and planks, wooden cabin, wooden stairways, wooden ladders, and many other handcrafted ornaments. This model comes standard with a solid wood base and brass nameplate. It’ll make a perfect gift for home or office decorator, boat enthusiast or passionate collector.
Our master craftsmen build scale replicas of any vessel including but not limited to tall ship, sailing yachts, cruise ships, speedboats of any size using integration technique of traditional to modern methods.
• 100% handcrafted using traditional techniques and modern technology
• Made from a high-quality wood such as rosewood, western red cedar, mahogany, teak, etc.
• Hundreds of hours of hand craftsmanship to complete a model at museum quality, ensuring attention to detail and precision
• No plastic parts are used in order to ensure authenticity and an authentic look
• Each model goes through demanding in-house quality control before leaving the workshop, ensuring excellence and authenticity
• Protective packaging with wooden crate for safe shipping, close-to-zero damage, and storage
• Skillful craftsmen have years of experience and a passion for their work, ensuring quality and accuracy.
This AMERIGO VESPUCCI PAINTED is packed in a wooden carton with cushions to maximize protection. We ensure that this AMERIGO VESPUCCI PAINTED arrives perfectly for display and decoration.
In this final important step, this ship is packed in a sturdy wood and then in a nice carton box with cushion for maximum protection. We also perform a drop test to make sure the package is safe in shipping. The toy will be maximumly protected so that it's still perfect for decoration and display.
Every ship has a story. From bow to stern, star board to port side, every vessel carries its own exquisite history. Through our fine hand craftsmanship, we tell that story the way it deserves to be told – with heart and soul. We uses traditional methods of building ship models, while integrating modern innovations. Our master craftsmen in Vietnam construct each ship entirely by hand using the traditional plank-on-bulk head method. They then harness high-tech tools like laser machines to create fine, accurate details. Each ship is scaled down in precise proportions from the original model for authenticity. It is a masterful synthesis of modern and traditional methods that makes the Old Modern quality one of a kind. What we mean by quality you can trust:
● Extensive research through original plans and pictures makes our models true to life.
● 100% hand-built from scratch, plank by plank.
● Hundreds of hours of work go into our museum-quality models.
● Made of quality wood such as western red cedar, mahogany, rosewood, teak, and more
● Chrome, brass, and cast metal fittings and ornaments add richness and verisimilitude
● Each model must pass a demanding quality control process before leaving the workshop and making its voyage to you. Old Modern Handicrafts carries all manner of ships from every age of sail, and we are also proud to build custom models for our customers.
● We specialize in making a wide range of models, from the famous titanic model to a Chris craft with a remote control that satisfies any beauty-lover customers. We also build other models that value history as the way Viking toy represents.
Drop us a line – it’s our pleasure to help you tell your story. Staying at shore? Explore our nautical offerings for the home. Our novelties include vintage-style globes, magnifiers and telescopes, clocks, furniture, and all manner of nautical décor. The same quality of craftsmanship and care is extended to all our products, on land or at sea.
If you are having a hard time making decision, here are some of our recommendations:
-B033 Chris Craft Runabout L80